Monday, July 29, 2013

When I felt like the Stonehenges

Its #BackToSchool time…could not be more terrified. 
* 
It’s nice to step out of the house knowing the day means something. 
* 
The season of juggling thus begins. But M has settled well in her playcare /school, and I have arranged to get pictures and notes emailed to me regularly, so little less worried on her side of the matter. All that’s there is homework and work. And luckily the home has been home for the past few years so nothings new there. So that leaves just work… of which I have no clue.
* 
The first few days in ant job are exciting as it is boring. It’s exciting, of course, because of new place… new people… new role… new responsibilities. And also rather dull, I mean, people all around you move with a sense of purpose and camaraderie and you sit around waiting for the clue to what to do. All I know right now is to get there on time.
* 
Love the fact that things are timed and scheduled….that basically means things get done…instead of being postponed or procrastinated.
* 
Missing all my daytime programming… Now I have to really plan my minutes to be able to catch up on my celebrity news and scandals and more importantly my freedom to sleep at will during the day.
* 
Having a hard time understanding ‘Don’t split your infinitives’. 
* 
Just realized each of my assignments has at least one new element to it. The place, the type, the work… each one is different than the rest. Good in a way, but not particularly for someone who thrives on routine. Wonder then, why I’m making these choices. Not really choices though, are they? It’s more like chance!
* 
Kind of nervous about whom I’m going to meet, what kind of relationship it is going to be etc….. Good-nervous! And right now I’m very nostalgic about all the men who made my days a little easier in each place and all the women who ended up becoming friends for life. Wonder if they are thinking of me at this moment….so strong the nostalgia.
* 
I have to leave the house at 7.15 if I have to make it to the appointment to sign-in at 8 am, which I did. But due to some miscommunication the person to sign me in came only at 9. So basically I did nothing between 7.30 and 9.00 am on a Monday morning, thus avoiding the raghu-kaalam unplanned. If that’s not a good start… well it is a good start!
* 
The funny thing about this placement is that although I’m new I’m not a new face. I come in knowing more than a few people to say ‘Hi’ to and go to lunch with and take breaks with. But they know me as someone else. Phew… to make them know me as me is going to take extra effort.
* 
The first thing I did on the first day I got assigned is to personalize my desktop. And what picture did I choose? The Stonehenge…the one that comes default with Windows machines. And, why? Because I felt that depicts what I feel at the moment. You want to know? Okie! People look at the stones and wonder what’s the purpose of the arrangement and are they worthy of it all. And then the stones, knowing what they know, wishes they would just let them be.
* 
Right now I’m being the clichéd lump-of-clay types, in more than one aspect. Watch me shine and bloom! 
* 
Finally seem to be having Sunshine days in a row. It may be for the fact that I have a lot on my mind and the hours are tightly scheduled. But…. But I have already started planning ahead for those days when this gig will be up and the opportune life-moment to end it. How bi-polar can it get? And oh, remind me to tell about the dream about the bug and the rope-and-light thing!
* 
I just realized today that I may not be as private as I thought I was with my thoughts….well at least not all of them. 

No comments: