Friday, December 2, 2011

Some questions to free the mind

I was just blog-hopping. Then I happened to come across a website that had loads of interesting stuff. And from only there I found the following questions. It’s interesting to answer questions candidly.

I recommend everyone to try this.

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

Precisely 17 years and 6 months ready to start college.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Let’s see. Never trying means there are no failures and there’s that, except the one nag ‘Oh! I never tried’. But failing is obviously worst as it causes lots of heartache, tears, broken dreams etc - lots of nag.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

We do the latter simply because we are human and do the former simply to get through the day. If we don’t do either of them then there will be nothing to regret and then life would become ideal. Who wants that?

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

In all probability, yes. YES!

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

Today is as good as it would get. So I think I would leave the world alone.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

No matter what work, just contentment in whatever I do would do. If I can brighten seeing butterflies, chase bubbles and sleep with a smile on my face I guess I would be rich (but chances are I would be branded ‘nut case’)

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I get by, by just plain practicality. That's how I choose and deal. Instead of chasing what I believe and instead of settling to what I get, I try to achieve the balance between. But I can assure that once the decision is made rather than intellectual detachment it will be all emotional evaluation of 'If i did the right thing'.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently

I wish to live it out carelessly, hoping that when the day comes I would be with no regrets. But knowing me, I probably will spend the days framing a huge list of un-finishable to-do items (places to see, thinks to do, see and read etc), with regrets that I’m wasting my last ten years whining about not completing the list. 40 or 100 don’t matter. I will be who I will be, unless lighting strikes.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

To no extent! As far as I can remember I have not chosen anything in my life at any point of it. Initially parents chose, now a husband is doing. Tomorrow I hope my son would. That makes me weirdly burden-less.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

I’m concerned with doing the right things right. Else there is no point.

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?

Just keep my silence. What they think of my friend is irrelevant to me. I would not let such chats cloud my view of the them or that friend being criticized.

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Hold on to your innocence, sense of trust, ability to let go and try to be as happy as today with having only the basic of needs.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

In a heart- beat!

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?

Every day. More so, since I started playing ‘Building blocks’ and ‘Pretend’ games with my daughter.

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

When someone asks ‘What are you’ I answer ‘Medium Beige’. That I think is something I do differently than most people.

More Q and my A, and the source of Q tomorrow.

No comments: