The final 20.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Not in a long time.
32. If not now, then when?
10 mins ago.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
My peace of mind!
This reminds me of a saying of my grandma’s ‘Maraththadi Pillaiyar pozhudhum pogum, road la pora panni pozhudhum pogum’, meaning the day begins and ends for everyone no matter how important or insignificant you are, its what you do in-between that matters. And that’s the difference.
34. Have you ever been with someone,said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
I’m still looking for that one person. My friend, my conscience, my enabler!
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
I’m not religious enough to understand that.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Yes it is possible. Depends on where you look at it from.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Ha! I have done so for much less.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I wouldn’t mind more work that I enjoy doing, as long as it is stimulating enough.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Soft glow of hope, the auspicious seven steps into matrimony.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
I will kill myself today.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No not really. Although in early adolescence I wish I were a famous celebrity (for what reason is embarrassing to tell even now…hehehe)
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
My art of living would be to with no expectations (and so no disappointment) and with acceptance of what comes. Harmony, peace and being truthful to your self!
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
I guess that's never for me.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
The lessons are bitter, that’s why.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Yes. I’m beginning to learn to do that. But surprisingly it’s taking a lot of effort to not care. It’s exhausting.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
That one time I lay beneath the surgical lighting on a cold hard table with someone tugging at me before I heard a sharp cry of birth.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
Sadly no. I have not got one “thing” on which I have an undying love. My passion fizzles easily.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I’m not insulated from others. My decisions are a collaboration of opinions and somehow one of them finally makes the cut, whose being irrelevant.
And here’s from where they are all.